“Prezi”tations for Learning

I wanted to share an instructional tool that is really neat for those who may want some more visually-appealing presentation items for online or web-assisted courses. Prezi will allow you to create visually stimulating presentations by allowing you to coordinate how the “camera view” moves and zooms in a huge presentation area. It allows you to be creative with your presentations. Once you go through the tutorials, it is very easy to use and it is free (as long as you don’t mind your presentations being public). I know my explanation is not doing it justice so I will show you my example below; the course organizer for my online course.

As you can see, Prezi is a really cool tool that can be used in a variety of ways with different applications. You can even ask your students to create these presentations. Prezi has several tutorials and I found some additional ones on the excellent Learning Telecollaboratively wiki. Here are some additional examples on this Teaching with Video Blog created by students. Enjoy!

Arturo